Friday, January 21, 2011

Loving It.

The reality of waking up early and getting to work is a total disaster for me nowadays. I am just too stubborn to move myself to get to the place of work. I am not sure of the reasons but I am sure this is getting to be the dreadful habit which I am immune to. This might sound costly and not right. There will be implications which might sound awfully wrong.

The only answer is to love what you don't love doing. There is a saying, if you love your job you work no longer but remained joyful. No matter what the consequences are if we put on the right mood when we work, we work no longer because work will become a fun thing and it will become enlightening instead of a burden.

Some homework has to be done in order to have such privileges. Finding the right tune is always challenging but it will be rewarding if we find the solution.

My kind of job is based on performance and production wise. No production, no salary. It is that simple and finding the right tone for the job is all that matters. My job is very different than a desk job because I have to be out at the open sun to get the business coming in. This is obviously very challenging but it helps me to stay fit and healthy. Less activity means less exercise and less exercise means unhealthy. Besides that, I learn to be more discipline and also versatile because it gives me the drive to succeed and there is no other than a marketing job.

My job requires me to make as many calls. The numbers are large and this is the only way to close a deal. I have to say I am a bit afraid to make calls. I feel that I might offend the other party over the other side. The worst scenario is get rejected in a harsh way such as slamming of calls and so on. These are the challenges that I face but it some how become a norm to me and I am now unfazed about those bad moments. Back to the topic above, loving what you do. If you love and adore what you do, no matter what the consequences you will persevere to the end.

Closing is as important as opening a case. I would say opening a case is very simple. The only difficult part is closing. This means getting the prospect to sign on the dotted lines. This is an art and there are many ways to close a deal. I might just need to attend more classes on closing a case. Timing is all important in closing a deal as waiting too long or procrastinating will spoil the mood of the person and closing might become more difficult. Be more observant and look at the reaction of the person before making the move.

I am now loving myself and work. Yes, loving yourself is the first step to loving what you do. Try to reward yourself after a success. This will surely help you to move on and to love your job.

No comments: